Your Beautiful Face

This is a song I started writing lyrics to this past fall, and just finished working out the keys and recording this week.  The song speaks for itself I think, (that and I don't have it in me right now to articulate out my entire thought process:). 

I will say however, that it might seem like a lot of my songs are downers. I don't see them that way, and I hope that's not how they're perceived, but I think it might sound that way at first listen. The reality is, I'm writing from a place of trying and longing to see the beauty of Christ in absolutely everything - because that's really, at the end of the day all we have.  So, it's because there IS heartache, difficulty, pain, challenge that I need to run to Christ. And it's BECAUSE there's plenty of earthly beauty I'm captivated by that I must keep fixing my eyes on the real prize - the face of Christ.  So that's that:)  I'm off to stare Him down. 




Your Beautiful Face
Music + Lyrics by Tawnya Smith
*recording is amateur - thanks for your understanding

Feet can’t find the floor
Can’t give anymore
Can’t pick myself back up
My body’s pretty weak
and my spirit seems asleep
and I don’t know how to get unstuck
But all I’ve got is   all I   need

   
I will run to the beauty that’s found in your love
I’ll run to the beauty displayed by your blood 
I’ll run to the beauty you’ve said is enough  
I’ll run to your beautiful face,
Run to your beautiful face

Captivation on my left
And obsession on my right
And I don’t know how deep the rabbit hole goes

Pretty things all in a row
And I wanna tell and show
Thinking this is empty’s antidote
But all I’ve got is all I need

CHORUS


Bridge
Radiant eyes, arms that will shelter
Compassionate King, mine ever after
Lover of souls, sunset maker
Consuming fire, stunning Savior

CHORUS

More than saying no to the trap of empty hope
And all the things I wish were mine
It’s a yes I must confess
to a yoke of endless rest
that the weary world can’t supply
cause all I’ve got is all I need

Comments

  1. So I tapped, "next blog" and was blessed to read these words and hear this song. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck! Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment and for taking the time to read and listen to my words and song. One thinks they just release these things into the vastness of the internet not knowing who might stumble upon it, so it's fun to hear when new readers come here:) May it continue to be a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment